Mapping Life’s Final Journey
Planning ahead for the end of life helps those you love and gives you peace of mind. By preparing for your future funeral and other considerations, you can have the time to be certain of your decisions, provide a clear set of instructions to follow, and financially provide for those who will carry them out. Nelson Funeral Home & Cremation Service knows the value of this process, and can provide pre-planning services to inspire and implement the vision you have.
To request more information regarding pre-planning/pre-arrangement, or to begin the pre-planning process, please call us at 989-732-1770, or use the button at the bottom of the page to contact us.
Points to Consider When Planning Ahead
- Choose a reputable funeral home that has a solid track record in the community.
- Make sure your funds are secured in a separate trust fund or insurance policy.
- Consider the needs of the living. Your thoughtfulness enables your survivors to participate in a meaningful final tribute that helps them grieve and gives them comfort.
- Like any contract, before signing, read it carefully and make sure you understand all the provisions. Ask questions.
- Keep a copy of your plan in a safe place. Inform a close family member or friend that you have made arrangements and where the documents are kept.
- Put everything in writing that you discuss, and get copies for you and your family.
Planning your funeral arrangements in advance can offer you and your family a number of benefits
- More Time to Consider Your Options – You and your family will have time to research your options and make well-informed decisions, without feeling rushed
- A Sense of Accomplishment – You’ll feel good knowing that these arrangements have been taken care of
- Fewer Family Concerns – Your surviving family members will have less to worry about in the event of your death
- The Pre-payment Option – When you pre-pay, you can lock in today’s prices. Our funeral director will explain each payment method and investment option available, and will help you make a decision that best suits you and your family
- Your Family Keeps More – When you pre-pay, your estate will owe nothing on funeral expenses. More of your assets and life insurance proceeds will go directly to your family
- Save the Amount You Need – Once you gain an understanding of all the costs involved, you can earmark a portion of your savings to cover those costs
- Fewer Last-minute Expenses – When you plan in advance, your family is less likely to incur additional expenses at the time of the funeral.